WHAT IS CONCEALED CARRY (CCW) ALL ABOUT
Concealed Carry is a way for a law bidding citizen to carry a handgun for self-protection or the protection of someone else without the handgun being seen. To be able to carry a Concealed Carry handgun, you are required in the State of New Mexico to have a Concealed Carry permit. To get a Concealed Carry permit, you must take a Concealed Carry class from a New Mexico Department of Public Safety approved instructor.
WHAT DOES N.M. CONCEALED CARRY CLASS COVER?
The NM CCW class covers many different items required by the State of New Mexico.
The full training course shall not be less than fifteen hours in length and shall provide instruction regarding:
(1) knowledge of and safe handling of single- and double-action revolvers and semiautomatic handguns;
(2) safe storage of handguns and child safety;
(3) safe handgun shooting fundamentals;
(4) live shooting of a handgun on a firing range;
(5) identification of ways to develop and maintain handgun shooting skills;
(6) federal, state and local criminal and civil laws pertaining to the purchase, ownership, transportation, use, and possession of handguns;
(7) techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to control a violent confrontation;
(History: Laws 2003, ch. 255, § 7.)
(8) techniques for nonviolent dispute resolution.
The class also includes live-fire instruction and qualifying with a handgun.
Handguns are provided by Sure Resource if you need a handgun for training and qualifying or you may use your own.
We also provide private classes which, can be scheduled by appointment. We also provide the 2-hour recertification and the 4-hour renewal class.
With our new online e-Classes, the courses are available 24 hours a day / 7 Days a week.
WHERE CAN I CALL IF I HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
We are always available to answer your questions.
Please call (505) 263-9090
Send us a message from our contact page or email us at:
We are also located on Facebook and Twitter